Effective Date: May 4, 2020
· Visitors and users of our Services;
· Attendees of CERA events;
· Customers and prospective customers and their representatives; and
· Suppliers and business partners and their representatives.
Throughout our website we use third-party social media features and include links to various third-party websites. We do not have any control over these third-party services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third parties before using the third-party services.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use our Services, we collect Personal Information about your use of our Services and information you send to us. We process the following Personal Information.
Information You Provide to Us Voluntarily. The Personal Information that we collect directly from you includes the following:
· Device information such as your IP address, hardware model, screen resolution and browser type;
· Server log files that include time and duration of your visit, operating system, referring and exit pages;
· Cookie data to display information on our Services more effectively and to improve our Services. For more information about cookie data, please review the Cookie section below.
Information From Third-Party Sources. We may process information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. Such sources include social media sites.
COOKIES WE USE
· To make our Services function properly;
· To provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Services;
· To collect passive information about your use of our Services;
· To help us improve our Services;
· To remember your preferences for your convenience.
Types of Cookies on Our Services. We use the following types of cookies on our Services:
· Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential because they enable you to use our Services and they cannot be disabled. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas on our Services. Without these cookies, some Services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you for marketing purposes.
· Functional Cookies. We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Services to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Services. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences on our Services. We do not use functional cookies to target you with online marketing.
· Performance or Analytic Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous, passive information about how you use our Services, including webpages you visit, and links you click. You can disable these cookies. We use the information collected by such cookies to improve and optimize our Services. We do not use these cookies to target you with online marketing.
How to Manage Cookies. Depending on whether you would like to manage a first-party or third-party cookie, you will need to take the following steps:
· First-Party Cookies. You can disable or delete our cookies through the browser you are using to access our Services. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the "Help", "Tools" or "Edit" settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of our Services or parts of the Services may not work properly for you. For more information about how to change your browser cookie settings see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
· Third-Party Cookies. Modern browsers allow you to block third-party cookies. Please note, if you set your browser to disable third-party cookies, you may not be able to use some of our Services.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information for various purposes.
Providing Our Services to You. We will process your Personal Information in providing you with our Services to the extent it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you. Where we do not have a contract with you, we will process your Personal Information based on legitimate interests that are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Without your Personal Information we cannot provide our Services to you.
Communicating with You Regarding Our Services, and Promotions. We process your Personal Information when you contact us by email and submit the "Contact Us" form or any other form that we use in connection with our Services based on our contractual obligations. We also send you marketing promotions either when you have provided prior separate consent, when we have a legitimate interest to do so based on your prior engagement with our Services, or when we can do so by applicable laws.
Dealing with Legal Disputes. We will process your Personal Information when cooperating with legal entities in accordance with applicable laws.
Ensuring Network and Information Security. We will process your Personal Information by tracking your use of our Services and analyzing your account activity, to the extent this is necessary to fulfill our legal obligations and for our legitimate interests in promoting safety of our Services and protecting our rights and those of other users.
THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties with your consent or at your direction, where required by law, where it is necessary for performance of a contract or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Other Third Parties. We may disclose Personal Information to payment processors, attorneys, collection agencies, or law enforcement authorities to address potential contract violations or illegal behavior. We also may disclose any information demanded in a court order or otherwise required by law or to prevent imminent harm to persons or property. Finally, we may share Personal Information in connection with a corporate transaction, like a merger or sale of our company, or a sale of all or substantially all of our assets or of the product or service line you received from us, or a bankruptcy. We will notify you of any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information as required under applicable law.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We employ commercially reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
However, if you believe your information is not secure due to a problem in our systems, please immediately notify us of the problem at the address provided in the "How to Contact Us" section
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your Personal Information for as long as required for the original purpose it was collected. The retention period is based on applicable legal requirements, the amount of Personal Information we have collected, its sensitivity and potential risks it involves.
We can retain Personal Information for a longer period whenever you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, we may retain Personal Information for a longer period to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements to the extent permitted by law.
Once the retention period expires, we delete your Personal Information. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to Information portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
HOW WE TRANSFER PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may store and process your Personal Information collected in connection with the Services in the United States and other countries where the third parties that we work with operate. Such international data transfers are either based on your prior consent or our legitimate interest in connection with providing our Services to you.
Our Personal Information transfer practices are subject to appropriate safeguards permitted under applicable laws. Specifically, when we transfer your Personal Information out of your country of residence to third parties we ensure that there are either contractual provisions such as Standard Contractual Clauses, Binding Corporate Rules in place, or where the third party is based in the United States, that it is certified under the EU-U.S. and/or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that an individual under 16 is submitting information, we will delete the information as soon as possible from our database.
HOW "DO NOT TRACK" REQUESTS ARE HANDLED
This Website does not support "Do Not Track" requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services we use honor the "Do Not Track" requests, please read their privacy policies.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to contact us by postal mail, please contact us at: CERA LLC, Privacy Director, One Monument Square, Portland, ME 04101